Headmistress: Ms. Zeba Ahmed
Ms. Zeba has many years of valuable experience in the field of education. While she has been a passionate and caring teacher, as an administrator she has been firmly result-oriented with a steady vision.
Her rich exposure to various curricula has empowered her with a diverse and innovative approach as an academic leader. She is a strong believer of "teaching the child and not the subject" which involves experiential learning strategies that foster critical thinking.
27 Years of experience in the field of education.
Diploma in Teachers and Trainers from Cambridge University, London..
Masters of Arts in English Literature from Osmania University, Hyderabad.
Bachelors in Arts from Osmania University, Hyderabad.
The staff follows the saying that education is never complete and so is always in search of new ideas and methods of improving teaching – learning process. Some of the new concepts and practices being explored are as under:
1. Use of IT facilities like internet, Software and Smart Class in making the subject easy to understand and lively to work on.
2. Use of TLM i. e. Teaching Learning Materials like charts, models & Project works by the students.The ratio of 20 faculty members to about 300 students is far above the average in India. The normal student strength per classroom varies from 10 to 20.
There is a growing emphasis on the audio-visual Aids in education at AGIS. Our classrooms are now “SMARTCLASSROOMS”.
Regular assessments, in which each student is discussed individually, forms a unique feature of the assessment system at AGIS. Weak students are helped to do remedial work in the respective subjects. At the end of each term a Parent Teacher Meet is conducted to discuss various aspects of the student’s academics and other activities.
The School has an up to date library with a substantial collection of books and periodicals on a wide variety, accumulated over the years.
Faculty of English
The Faculty of English constitutes an integral part of the academic faculty of AGIS. In addition to imparting quality education, it provides wide ranging opportunities to the students to sharpen their learning skills.
The Faculty of English has dedicated, qualified and experienced teachers.
1. Ms.Nazima Nikhat
2. Ms.Almas Mehroz
3. Ms.Tahera Nishath
Besides teaching English, the Faculty is responsible for organizing and conducting manifold activities in a congenial and enabling environment conducive for learning English language and related skills. These activities are as follows:
1. Literary and co- curricular activities which include – Dramatics, Debates & Declamations Creative Writing, Exhibitions, Public Speaking and Poetry Recitation.
2. Library periods for all the classes whereby students are regularly taken to the library and introduced to the love for books and pleasures of reading. And recommending books for upgrading the library.
3. Teaching with the help of audio-visual aids.
4. Regular updating of Display Boards in the school with creative and informative contributions from the students.
5. From time to time Spell Bee and Creative Writing Competitions are organized for different classes.
Faculty of Mathematics
The Faculty besides conducting teaching of Mathematics is also entrusted with varied responsibilities as:
1. To prepare students and conduct Mathematical Aptitude Test for all classes.
2. To prepare students and conduct Math’s Olympiad Test.
3. To prepare the students, plan, organize & conduct quiz competitions.
4. To conduct and participate in subject related workshops for keeping abreast with the emerging trends and innovations in mathematics.
The Faculty of Mathematics has the below mentioned dedicated, qualified and experienced teachers.
1. Ms.Tabassum Fatima
2. Mr.Mohammed Mahmood
3. Ms.Fehmida Anjum
4. Ms.Enaaz Talat
5. Ms.Najma Amreen
Faculty of Science
The science faculty at AGIS believes that experimentation supports, confirms and makes the concepts clear. Experimentation is also necessary to develop competencies and skills such as handling of equipment, open mindedness, team work, sharing, reasoning and analysis etc.
Science needs to be learnt with a sense of joy and delight. Introduction of practical work in this area enriches our understanding and enables us to communicate and make sense of our experiences. It also gives us enjoyment and we can meet different challenges in real life. The practical approach in this field can describe and explain the crux of any real life problem and predict the future events.
It helps build interest and confidence among the students in learning the subject. It allows student to think, discuss and assimilate the concepts in better manner through group learning.
It provides students an opportunity to understand and internalize the basic concepts through concrete situations. The Faculty of Science has the below mentioned dedicated, qualified and experienced teachers.
2. Ms.Mehreen Ali
3. Ms.Sara Sultana
4. Ms.Heena Banu
Faculty of Social Studies
Besides producing excellent academic board results the faculty has introduced other activities also from time to time.The Faculty of Social Studies has the below mentioned dedicated, qualified and experienced teachers.
1. Ms.Fouzia Sultana
2. Ms.Rahat Shoiab
Faculty of Languages
The faculty of languages caters to Urdu, Arabic and Telugu as subjects or third language to the students. The latest teaching aids like PowerPoint presentation and Smart class are being used extensively by the faculty.The Faculty of Languages has the below mentioned dedicated, qualified and experienced teachers.
1. Ms.Parveen Sultana
2. Ms.Sameera Jabeen